DEPARTEMENT : OPERATIONS
JOB TITLE : Quality Inspector
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR : Director, Quality Control
Summary of the main duties of the position:
Under the responsibility of the Director, Quality Control.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform sporadic checks during production and ensure that the procedures used are in accordance with the quality policy of the company.
- Check the conformity of the products during production according to the specifications.
- Collect the samples according to the procedures enforced.
- Perform final checks on packaged products.
- Check the measuring instruments (calibration) according to the established work instructions.
- Ensure that equipment and premises are well maintained on a regular basis and acceptable for quality control conditions.
- Identify the different issues and put in place an action plan to reduce rejection rates and customer returns
- Visual inspection of samples for approval according to the customer’s diagram;
- Conduct manufacturing audits
- Help employees identify instances of non-compliance, build reference tools
- Structuring the collection of the results of inspections and tests
- Determine whether the current use of measurement and accuracy tools is optimal;
- Participate in the research and development group for the improvement of the various components and the creation of new products
Description of skills:
- Collegial profile; combination of experience and training deemed relevant.
- Have a systemic approach in quality (5S, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigmas);
- Practical knowledge of measuring instruments
- Good knowledge of imperial measures
- Ability to accurately record inspection results
- Experience in the field of printing
- Experience working with BRC certification (asset)
Description of qualifications:
- Methodical spirit
- Great attention to detail
Employment Status: Permanent
Work schedule: 3 days / week (18h00-6h00)
We offer you
- A competitive salary
- Benefits after 3 months of continuous service
- Free outdoor parking all year long
- Opportunities for growth and development within the company